AVP, Strategy and Development
Mental Health Association of New York - New York, NY
Estimated salary $137K
UnitedStatesJobsCareerrs has partnered with Mental Health Association of New York to locate an AVP, Strategy and Development to join their team in New York, NY.
- MHA-NYC is a nonprofit organization with local roots and a national reach that for over 50 years has been leading the way in mental health with a three-part mission of service, advocacy, and education.
- Every year, we reach over one million people nationally with mental and behavioral health challenges through high quality innovative programs.
- The Mental Health Association of New York City is searching for an Assistant Vice President of Business Development.
- The position will work directly with the EVP of Strategy and Business Development to drive the future of the organization, ensuring the availability of Mental Health Services to all.
- He/She will develop relationships and build the pipeline of prospective strategic partners and growth opportunities that align with the mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop and maintain a broad-based scope of relationships to drive organization initiatives.
- Identify opportunities and execute all aspects of mergers and acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
- Work with functional groups to identify, design and support strategic business plans for growth opportunities.
- Responsible for business plan, project plan, budgets, and full scope of work, including financial and operations reporting, for all partnerships, mergers, or customer agreement. Represent the organization at external meetings, conferences, and industry events.
- Drive the innovation, technology, and data analytics partnerships to enhance the delivery of services.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Master's & MBA (Preferred)
- 5 years of Healthcare, Mental Health or Healthcare experience (Preferred)
- Non Profit Experience (Desired)
- Proposal and grant writing expertise (Preferred)
- Proven full cycle relationship development and management.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Self -starter with the ability to drive the mission of the Mental Health Association.
- Experience in the behavioral health field preferred.
- Collaborative work style
Job Type: Full-time
- Growing Organizations and Driving Results: 3 years
- nonprofit: 2 years
- Business Development and Client Facing: 3 years
- Mental Health, Healthcare, or Public Administration: 5 years