Sr. Project Engineer
The Wine Group - Ripon, CA
Indeed Hire, in partnership with The Wine Group, is seeking a Sr. Project Engineer for their operation in Ripon, CA.
The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we strive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger, and Imagery.
Under the direction of Director of Engineering, the Senior Project Engineer is based at our Ripon, CA facility, is responsible for planning, organizing and directing packaging engineering projects along with providing technical assistance to the Director of Engineering. In addition, plans and directs the engineering activities within the engineering department to meet operations key performance objectives. Mentor for junior engineers in the development of their professional skills. Desired experience to include project management, process improvement, manufacturing design, industrial control system design, programming, and commissioning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with bottling line/packaging line design.
- Mechanical, electrical and process engineering support for the company
- Develops, coaches and mentors staff
- Methodical troubleshooting skills with extensive hands-on experience
- Strong working knowledge of industrial control system design including instrumentation, data communications, motor controls, and industrial electrical wiring practices required
- Participates in engineering department and interdepartmental planning and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization and operations
- Ensures GMP, safety and quality of projects
- Implement concepts in Design Reliability to support operations
- Prepares capital engineering plans for operations as directed
- Prepares, maintains and assures adherence to budgets and schedules for capital projects
- Able to observe, collect, analyze, and summarizing information and trends that aide in the reliability and optimization of equipment and processes
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks
- Coordinates the creation, development, design, and improvement of the organization’s products and processes in conformance with established business strategies. Helps select correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new product, processes or improvements of existing ones
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- BS in Engineering with 10+ years prior engineering experience required in a consumer goods manufacturing environment to include experience in Control Systems
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MSOffice and JDE preferred
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills, an aptitude for working with production equipment, hardware and software
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex engineering document.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints
- Ability to write Technical positions and articles using original or innovative styles
- Ability to make effective and persuasive Technical and presentations on controversial or complex topics to senior management
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts and apply rigorous analysis
- Excellent analytical, organizational & interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Provide good verbal and written communications to all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality, work effectively in team/crew environment, adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedure
Leadership and Drive: Collaborative team leader with high motivation and strong desire to achieve in a demanding environment. Sets dramatic goals and aggressive schedules for improvement. Conveys a sense of urgency, and drives issues to closure. A team builder who inspires, coaches, develops and leads from the trenches and by example. Holds oneself and others accountable for achieving high levels of performance and responsiveness. Attracts, retains and develops strong talent.
Intellectual Curiosity: Connects “the dots” quickly and perceptively. Problem solves without a road map. Fascinated by emerging consumer trends and design. Enjoys challenging conventional wisdom.
Communication Skills: Translates data into focused insights. Highly articulate. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; operates equally effectively in formal and informal settings both internally and externally. Well-honed influencing skills; courage to confidently express an independent point of view.
Cultural Astuteness and Flexibility: Is pragmatic, adaptable and focused in a fast-paced environment. Adapts strategies and approach as new information and circumstances arise. Is resilient in the face of challenging obstacles.
Energy: Has a very high capacity for work. Shows passion, energy/endurance, intensity and excitement. Is outcome/results focused and drives issues to closure. Resourceful and innovative; always pushing to find new and better ways of working.
Job Type: Full-time
- AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MSOffice and JDE: 7 years
- GMP: 7 years
- Industrial Control system design: 7 years
- Bottling line and bottle packaging: 5 years
- Consumer goods manufacturing w/focus on Control Systems: 5 years