Senior Product Quality Engineer
Melissa & Doug - Wilton, CT
UnitedStatesJobsCareers is partnering with Melissa & Doug to find their next talented Senior Product Quality Engineer!
SENIOR PRODUCT QUALITY ENGINEER
Imagine working for a company with a mission you can truly believe in, a playful and energetic culture, a talented team of co-workers, and a bright future! Melissa & Doug, the toy company committed to nurturing childhood wonder, is looking for a Senior Product Quality Engineer. In this role, you’ll be an essential part of our mission to inspire creativity and imagination in children throughout the world with thoughtfully designed toys that spark free play.
Melissa and Doug began working out of a garage in 1988 making toys that inspire. While they’ve grown the company to 2,000 products and 1,000 employees, it still has the heart of a start-up! Since we hire for skill, not resume, you’ll work with playful people from surprising backgrounds. Whether you’re a theater major looking to move into sales or a small business owner wanting to try customer care, we want to hear from you! Join our talented team and you’ll be inspired by your work every day.
ROLE OVERVIEW Our product engineers are tasked with delivering design-driven concepts to market that are durable and meet all of M&D’s safety and performance requirements.
- Partner with the design and development engineering teams, from earliest points in the NPD process, to ensure applicable elements of safety, reliability and performance are identified and able to be incorporated in the final designs.
- Support enhancement and development of NPD processes to make the inclusion of quality engineering standards and assessments a natural part of the process, with the right input at the right time.
- Evaluate products, and in concurrence with development engineering, document and outline risks, changes and modifications necessary to ensure the M&D level of product compliance is achieved.
- Work on establishing the uniform use of standardized tools and applications across our teams and key supplier bases as appropriate.
- Support M&D’s continuous product and process improvement programs
- Suggest/promote new technologies to help expand the play and categories of M&D product
- Generate product technical files.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in Product Quality Engineering in the consumer products industry, preferably the toy industry. Toy industry experience preferred consumer products industry experience a must.
- Hands-on problem solver with strong skills in learning and using tools like Solidworks, and others.
- Experience working with mixed materials (plastics, wood, metal, textile), hard and soft goods, and the integration of these materials (electronics knowledge a plus)
- Experience with tool/mold design
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail.
BENEFITS Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, LTD, flexible spending plans, and significant employee discounts
Job Type: Full-time
- Tool & mold design: 10 years
- Solidworks: 10 years
- Consumer Products industry: 10 years
- mixed materials (plastics, wood, metal, textile): 10 years
- Finished goods manufacturing: 10 years